Please read Royal Opinions's Purpose and One Rule! Apr 11, 2011 11:23:43 GMT -5
Post by MyAdia on Apr 11, 2011 11:23:43 GMT -5
Purpose and One Rule of Royal Opinions
Welcome to Royal Opinions! Royal Opinions was started on 10 April 2011 as a harassment-free haven for people to express their opinions about royals, especially the Monaco Princely Family. The guiding principle of Royal Opinions is the freedom to express one’s opinion with minimum moderation. Members contribute topics to opine from various sources such as, public events, news articles, blogs, media commentary, television items and of course photographs. Posters are free to express their personal opinions on any aspects of these sources, including the veracity of the information presented. Likewise, members are free to opine about their fellow members’ expressed opinions. Thus, a corresponding sense of responsibility is expecting from members to exercise the freedom to express their opinions with minimum moderation. Royal Opinions have just ONE rule in addition to ProBoard’s terms and agreements you agreed to when registering:
One Rule: DO NOT insult, criticize, pester or threaten fellow posters in any manner.
Lack of adherence to this rule could with in a warning or immediate banning depending on the case. Understandably, some members may find some expresses opinions about royals personally insulting, may find some topics morally offensive or may find it difficult to have their own opinions questioned or challenged. If so, Royal Opinions may not be the right forum for you. Royal Opinions have members from all over the world from all walks of life, thus members may have different understanding and standards of what is considered personally insulting, critical, pestering or threatening. Below are some guidelines about Royal Opinions’s ONE RULE:
- An expressed opinion about a person or topic that is contrary to your opinion (either negatively or positively) is not a personal insult or personal criticism aimed at you.
- An opinion is “A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof.” Thus, opinions are not facts and posters are free to express their opinions without having to provide evidence to support it.
- However, posters are free to question or challenge the content of any expresses opinions without it being deemed a personal attack (assuming the challenge does not include comments personally aimed at the poster who made the opinion). The more obvious challenge to an opinion is providing information that disputes the poster's comments or expressing your differing opinion. This is an anonymous discussion forum, so posters are also free to challenge any opinions or information that are based on personal knowledge - as long as they adhere to all elements of the ONE RULE.
- Persistent demands to a poster to provide evidence to support an opinion can be considered pestering.
- Likewise, persistent petty and annoying comments made every time a poster expresses an opinion that you disagree with can also be considered pestering.
- Comments made to silence posters, such as claims of defamation of character, because they express an opinion about a royal (or another person) that you disagree with can be considered threatening.
To report any comments that you feel is a violation of Royal Opinions’s ONE RULE, please use the Report to Mod button at the bottom of the offending post. If you have any questions about Royal Opinions’s one rule and purpose, please feel free to discuss them in this thread.