A & C: The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, May 18, 2012 May 19, 2012 5:55:13 GMT -5
Post by MyAdia on May 19, 2012 5:55:13 GMT -5
I'm guessing many of them are her own team and as always trying to overstate the enthusiasm for her there, and her importance to Albert ("the Albert needs her" myth), because her marriage is on shaky ground right now, and they are doing all they can to build public sympathy for her.
Sorry everyone for the previous long posts.
Honestly, one group includes "suga loonies" - those that feel anything that royals do and especially wear is beyond extraordinary and wonderful. Their praises really have no connection to real world sentiment and Charlene is always widely praised for the least effort because of the standard of low expectations, thus it doesn't take much from coming from the bottom of the heap to be crowned the most perfectly elegantly dressed royal ever.
Another group includes Charlene's
For me, the sugas loonies in the first group are harmless as long as you allow them to live in their parallel universe where they actually believe that real normal people share their godlike status of royals and don't challenge their views that their favorite royals are always flawlessly elegantly and perfectly dress. I actually understand why Charlene and her team of flunkies are so obsessed on these message boards. They are fighting and promoting to keep slurping off the gravy train because they know damn well that the narcissistic sociopath Charlene needs their Internet bullying to maintain her delusion that she is an international style icon. More importantly, they knew it was Albert's delusional mistaken belief that Charlene would bring glamour and international press to Monaco as Grace did that got Charlene the "princess job."
But there is a third group of these posters and they are haters of other princesses and they have decided to promote Charlene to justify their hate. Seriously,
Here are just some of the comments from the group which I call "I hate Kate so much that I will promote Charlene (who I know nothing about) as the anti-Kate, thus making her perfect." The she they refer to is Kate and they belive that Kate has had plastic surgery, including a nose job and that she wears fake boobs.
Comments from the Lunch
- Charlene looks so polished and much more appropriately put together than she, tho, and doesn't feel the need to flash her ring around and, well, there's no contest.
- I agree I think Charlene looks polished. Kate's dress shape is nice but the color is a bit blah for her.
- She does look messy next to all of the polished women there, but she always will as long as she has that curtain of hair around her. The dress cut is still good on her, tho, and adds a few pounds. Agreed, tho, as stated above, too washed out. Charlene's blue looks beautiful.
- It also allows her to wear those fake boobs again...
- Princes Charlene looks incredible Boney looks about 45 dear Lord Jennifer Aniston puts her to shame.
- Oh dear lord....Kate's talking with her hands again.
- Charlene's thinking William was too cheap and lazy to create a ring especially for you.
- like the style but not the color and its wool, goodness she must have been sweating like crazy..nice to see the rest of the royal families... i like what Charlene is wearing, very simple...
- I didn't mind how she dressed but compared to the beautiful Charlene she looked dowdy and a little on "not belonging there" side. Her lack of breeding keeps showing and in reality she had years to go to finishing schools, learn etiquette etc, but she's like a child.
- Charlene certainly looks happy...!!! Cougar Carole and the British syncophant Kate-press is going to be "livid", they will have Charlene's head for talking to William and smiling while doing so.
- Boy, as you see all of the other pictures, Wasty looks really out of place. Charlene nailed it and there's, to me, a nasty glint in WK's eyes when PW's talking to Charlene. See there, Wasty? That's what an adult, accomplished woman looks like, talks like (I assume) and behaves like. Calm, cool, collected. Not sloppy-haired, manic-faced, and clingy. A woman with presence. Look and Learn.
- I get the feeling that Charlene listens to handlers as far as what may work for her and what to do at these outings. I think Kate still wants to play the Co-ed girlfriend and it really showed at this Royal event. Charlene represented herself in a dignified manner, even if it's all new to her(and with all the nasty press she's had from the British especially, I am glad she is there holding her own, it shows some character on her part.) IMO, Kate appears to be playing the girlfriend still. I don't understand why Kate can't go to these things and appear like an adult, she is a 30 yr old woman.
- ^I dunno, but the contrast is startling to me. She's had over a year now to gain some sort of something and nothing's changed. Nothing at all. It's becoming nauseating now, for me. It's got to be embarrassing for the UK and everyone involved with her especially when they're not blind, either, and can see what a little schoolgirl she looks like and acts like by comparison.
- Don't you all see William's embarrassment and anger at Kate here? It would be so nice if Kate would stop attaching herself to him. Doesn't she not know how to mingle? [Note: I added this non-Charlene comparison for a reality check of how hate blinds these people since there are photos and videos of Kate talking to almost everyone in the room]
- No prizes for guessing which who each of the above are but it is patently clear to me that Charlene is doing a wonderful job as wife and companion to Albert while Kate is still floundering even with William by her side.
- The press will never admit that ,even though today it was obvious to many of us that at least Charlene is listening to handlers and learning and getting things right, even though new to this and that Kate appears to be standing still ,in a way?
- Kate is ok, Charlene looks good, nice colour, classic cut
- All those women in that room are better credentialed, have better lineage, and better reputations than she will ever have.
Comments from the dinner, although no photos of Kate was released, these people still compared
- I really appreciate that Charlene knows how to exit a vehicle and find her pink dress simply lovely. But, something just occurred to me when I was looking at Charlene's blue suit earlier and now the pink flowy number vs Wasty. There's always this hubub about all of WK's outfits selling out in seconds after she's photographed. That may be true, but, I appreciate the fact that, for me, Charlene's clothing is her style and hers alone and fitting for a princess. It should be slightly out of reach for the mainstream to enable the regal-ness to be in place. The timeless style of both the suit and the dress can be seen elsewhere, but when she's wearing it, it becomes hers and hers alone. Gosh, I hope this makes sense because it was a real eye-opener for me. In essence, Kate Middleton wear is Average Jane Wear and degrades her role. Make sense?
- Princess Charlene is very pretty, she has fine sculptured features and looks very regal.
- Charlene looks amazing. That's how I've always felt about Kate's clothing, they are too pedestrian for my taste as far as being a Royal wife on the world stage. I'm not saying she has to dazzle every outing with couture, but everything Kate wears usually looks like something that can be bought in a department store.
That is why when the best dress lists went up and Charlene was on it, I felt she deserved it, because she does dress very well usually and even if I sometimes don't like an outfit here and there, her clothes always look extremely well made, extremely well tailored and her clothes look more exclusive, but I think the Palace wants Kate to appear to be the somewhat Middleclass girl still.
I think Kate dresses adequately but she always reminds me of the receptionist in a business office when I see her clothes.
- Her dress was, in retrospect, borderline secretary, woolen, EA, or downright housewife - boss - for - dinner wear. It took seeing Charlene for me to finally get it. She dressed for her position and did it again at tonight's event. It's regal, polished and slightly out of reach and definitely reflects her style and hers alone. As it should be. You dress for the job you want, right? Huge fashion Rule. However, there is the issue of whether or not you possess style. Charlene, Jackie O, PD, they could all be wearing blue jeans and a white shirt and still be a knockout, so part of her problem is just the fact that she's so underdeveloped. Interesting.